Your Free Music Downloads.com is a Silicon Valley based start-up that is changing the online music distribution business by bringing free music downloads to the world.
Applicants will be dedicated professionals looking to get in on the ground floor of an exciting new venture. To apply for one of our openings, please email us at
User Interface Designer
You will be responsible for the design and development of new music download product features in PHP. You will have the opportunity to join a high caliber team of Developers that take a lot of pride in their work, while working for a name brand, cutting edge company.
• 3+ years of professional web development in PHP.
• Application-level experience in a multi-tier, distributed computing.
• Familiar with MS tools and technologies.
• Knowledge of other programming languages such as C++, C#, c/c++.
• Understanding of network security.
• Experience with networking or infrastructure related system architecture and an understanding of security.
User Interface Designer
• Work with Product Development to concept and design innovative, usable, technically feasible, user interfaces for the site and various interactive projects.
• Translate business requirements into innovative user interaction designs.
• Lead the design lifecycle utilizing the following deliverables: site maps, page flows, wireframes, prototypes, and full screen comps.
• Be able to deliver for a range of design needs including icons, splash pages, navigation components, skins, feature stories, animations, marketing materials and microsites.
• Champion brand and design standards across all projects.
• Create and maintain the design style guide and user experience guidelines.
• Design prototypes for user testing and design solutions based on user feedback.
• Analyze and evaluate current front-end design/usability challenges and implement effective design solutions.
• Write user interface specifications and work closely with engineers to implement designs.
• 5 years web design experience in a product or agency setting.
• Strong portfolio of visual design examples.
• Keen eye for typography, color and layout.
• Proven track record for translating business requirements into highly usable and innovative designs for web sites and web-based applications.
• Experience working with cross-functional teams including product development, marketing, and engineering.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative in creating a best-in-class user experience.
• Must be creative, thoughtful and be able to express ideas in an articulate, concise manner.
• Degree in visual design desired.
• Adobe Photo Shop, Image Ready, Illustrator, Visio.
• Flash experience a plus.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at our sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours as occasionally needed (during crunch times!) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, to meet business needs.